Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 37: Nickel Arcades, Old Friends, Basketball, and Prepaing a talk. :)

Hello all!!!!

Today was quite the day! I got to hang out with a couple of friends that I haven't seen in a while. Oh how I love re-living some old memories. We went to NickelCity and played some games. It was quite the day. We won a little over a thousand tickets because I am a master of The Price is Right!!! I knew watching it, all those times, would help. :) I guess I have great friends. Haha. Heck, I KNOW I have great friends.

FHE was great and so was basketball, but those aren't things that I really brag about. Haha.

I am now preparing my final farewell talk and it is proving to be an amazing experience. I will definetly write something up later in the day, but reading is proving to be very enlightening. I am talking on D&C 82: 1-4 Where much is given, much is expected. I had no idea what to talk about, but then I was inspired. I love the spirit and its many signs. LOVE IT. I was on LDS.org and I was looking around. Then, I got the hinkering to click on the Joseph Smith hyperlink. Oh man, there are some wonderful things that man has done. I then remembered that I got a story from my institute class. It has to do with the Prophet Joseph in Liberty jail. I figured that I would share it with you:

At 5 p.m. the jailor, Mr. Stigall, suggested that the brethren return to the cell where the would be safer. The Prophet turned to Dr. Richards and said, "If we go into the cell, will you go in with us?" The Doctor replied, "Brother Joseph, you did not ask me to cross the river with you-you did not ask me to come to jail with you- and do you think I would forsake you now? But I will tell you what I wil do, if you are condemned to be hung for treason, I will be hung in your stead." The Prophet Joseph said, "You cannot." The Doctor said, "I will."

Oh man, how amazing is that story? When I read it, I think, "Would I do the same?" I always have the same answer, "Absolutely, I would." I can't believe what the Prophet Joseph went through. Oh man, if there was a man that would be more suited for that which he did, it would be no worldly man. I cannot imagine waking up on the other side and being able to embrace him. I can only imagine the warm look in his eyes, and the tender smile on his face. As to say, "You did it. You knew it was true and you lived the gospel. I am so very proud of you." It kind of reminds me of the feeling that I get as I go from the endowment room to the celestial room, in the temple. Do we remember to thank Heavenly Father for giving us such a wonderful man? I don't know that I do, but I know that my actions will speak louder than words. I think that he will be pleased with all of the saints that followed his word. Even after all of the opposition and all of the scrutiny, we hold fast to the iron rod everyday. I love this gospel and I love the Prophet Joseph.

I think I am ready for my talk, but I don't know. I get to go to the temple tomorrow, and I think I will sit and ponder about it some more, in the celestial room. As of right now, I love you all and good night.

OH, before I forget, I have my farewell talk on the 28th of June at 9am. It is going to be at the Fallbrook building. If you need an address or anything, let me know. My open house will be later that day. Some time around 4 or 5. Depending on when my ward gets out in Vista. I will be making a facebook invite for it, and it will have all of my information, so you have it all at your fingertips.

Good night, all!!!
~Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment