Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 49: Farewell, all.... Well, Kinda!

Today was one of the greatest days that I have had the chance to experience. I had the chance to give my final farewell talk in the home ward. I am lucky to be a part of the Fallbrook 1st Ward.


I spoke at 9am in the morning. I have been looking forward to this talk for quite some time, because I finally get to speak about the gospel in front of my family. This means so much to me because they all kind of know what I do on Sundays, but they really didn't know too much. I got to show them today. All of my siblings came down for the weekend to attend my farewell and say their final goodbyes. I knew that I would love every second of it. I love my family and how supporting they are for all of the things that I do. After a while, my parents began to worry about the Ivory Coast, and I know that they have been comforted because they seemed very excited for me today.


It was so funny because I was chosen to speak last. I think that this was inspiration, because the speaker that went ahead of me used all of my material. This left me with a pretty open slate to talk about whatever I was prompted. This seemed like a good thing because I was prompted with a lot of wonderful things. Haha. I spoke with so much power. I felt like the Savior, himself, was wispering in my ear. Like, I spoke but none of those words were mine. They were all given to me. I love the gospel so much. It is just the most wonderful thing that is on the face of this Earth. It really is true.









Look at this wonderful group of siblings. I love this picture.




Oh man, I swear that I have the greatest friends ever. I know that you aren't all in this picture, but know that you all should be. :)

I love the gospel, and I get to talk about it every day for the next two years.

Thanks for reading.

RIP Micheal Jackson

~Elder Brandon Cruz

P.S. The count down is starting at 17 days til I am reporting. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think you definitely had the Holy Ghost guiding you. I love your talk and felt the power too. It gave me a renewed knowledge of what I already know. You will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete