Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 46: Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man am I excited.... :)

As the day draws closer, I feel my insides wanting more and more to be on my outsides. I really don't know what to feel. I go from being really stoked and ready to get to gettin' to being kind of nervous and worried about the whole thing. I didn't know that this was a common occurance until I talked to Mark tonight, BUT that is jumping the gun on what a wonderful night it was!

Well, where to start? OH YEAH!!! I got the last stuff done for my Visa, and that is more exciting than I can tell you. I literally have nothing to do other than being set apart and report to the MTC. This also sparked a lot of nervousness because that means that I leave very very soon. I am more excited than I am nervous, but nervousness is definetly there.

I came home to much popularity. I got an email from Mckay and a letter from KK. They are doing great, for those of you that aren't in the know. Mckay told me about a couple of investigators that have baptism dates. That is so awesome. I am so dang proud of that little fellow. KK scolded me for not writing him sooner, and I know it was definetly needed. I need to be better and write him more often. He told me how excited he was for me, and how sad he was that we wouldn't be able to see one another 2 years. I am quite sad about this but I know that it is going to be the greatest reunion ever! Haha.

I went to the temple to do baptisms with Amy and Rachelle Remsberg. They are awesome. So dang solid. I was expecting to get baptized and confermed and maybe, just MAYBE get to work at the font. Well, I was soon surprised to find out that I was the only endowed brother that was in a shield. I jumped at the chance to do all of the confermations and baptisms. Seriously, this was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I have said it once and I will say it again: "This church is full of firsts, and they get better and better as they go." Not only was this my first time running the show alone, but it was my first time working the baptistry ever. I was glad to be sharing this experience with the Remsbergs, but I was also glad to be sharing a first time with a girl from Salt Lake. We had 4 sisters from Salt Lake drive down to visit the temple. It was so awesome to see sisters from out of state getting to work. Oh man, this was awesome.

I then went to a party and had fun. Haha. That was about it.

I talked to Mark and he gave me some councel on how I am feeling. He said that this is the worst part of the whole mission experience. That this feels like it is longer than the entire two years of service. That is good news cause this definetly seems forever.

Well, brothers and sisters, that is all I have. I am tuckered out from all of the festivities of today.
~Brandon Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment