Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 1:

It seems like I have been waiting for this stupid thing for 10 years! This sucks. I shouldn't be too hard on the mail lady, though. She is just bringing the mail and is kind enough to make fun of me for waiting by the mail box everyday. I bet she will miss me when I am gone. I know I would. :)

Mission prep was cancelled at church today, so Christine Mckissick and I were talking about how the mail lady could be holding out on me. So, we made up scenerios for how she could be hiding my mission call. "I bet she is going to take it on vacation with her and open it on the beaches of Florida." I wouldn't doubt that at all. Although, I don't know how much good MY mission call would do her.

I got to spend the day at the Bushnell's house. I have spent most of my time there, lately. I have become very close with that wonderful family. They are AMAZING!!! We talked about how I can't wait to get my mission call and how it must kill me to be waiting so long. It seems to get easier and easier to wait as I complain more and more. Oh.... Wait.... No it doesn't. This thing needs to come. Haha. We also talked about that one time when I broke up with a girl for Mckay, and how he shouldn't have been dating when he was 14, in the first place. Then, we went around the room and said some nice things about Sister Bushnell. (She made me.) I told her about my first impression of her: "It was the Mom's game. (A tradition at Fallbrook High School after the spring game. A game where the moms "attempt" to play their son's positions in a "light scrimage".) I was a Freshman and I didn't really know what was going on. I was watching this group of women get pumped up and strap on cleats. I remember thinking to myself 'What the heck is going on? Are the going to PLAY FOOTBALL!?' Oh, yes. They sure were. A few plays went by and nothing really cool happened. A fumble here. An interception there. Same ol', same ol'. Then, like a cannon, Sister Bushnell shot out of the backfield, ball in hand, and ran down the sideline. (Picture a skinny athletic woman with long blonde hair and very long legs. Taking HUGE strides like a gazel.) She is out in front by at least 2 yards. The coaches blow the wistle, but that is not enought to stop her, oh no. She isn't done until she reaches the goal line. She ran a full 100 yards to the endzone, but before she crossed the goal line, she turned around and started back-peddling. (I think she started at the 20 yard line, or so.)" I exclaimed, "WHO'S MOM WAS THAT!?" "Bushnell. She does it every year," said someone I still don't know, "there still hasn't been a single woman to lay her out. She is kind of cocky." Before I knew who she was, I knew she was awesome. Haha.

I was thinking about some religion related stuff today. I was wondering, since Jesus created the universe and all of its planets, did he suffer the atonement for each planet differently, or did he suffer all at once? How great of an undertaking must that have been? To go to each planet individually and die for each planets sins. Can you imagine that? How amazing of a man must Jesus be? We are so very lucky to have had him suffer for our sins. I think he went to each planet individually and suffered for everyone. I bet he thought, "Man, this is going to be one awesome road trip. I get to be the most popular person ever." I think he deserves it. I fear that I was a little sacreligious, there, but oh well. Sue me. :)

Until next time, live long and prosper. Star Trek is awesome, BTW. :)
~Brandon Y Cruz (ElderMacaroni)

2 comments:

  1. He totally felt it for every single one of God's children be they on this earth or someone else. How cool is our big brother?

    p.s. "You could eat like a bean and be okay!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I wouldn't one any other like him. :)

    ReplyDelete