Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 3: An Awkward day, that's for sure....

Today I had the great task of calling all of my previous employers. I never knew it would be so difficult finding out my dates of employement. I had to call a hotline, and was basically grilled as to why I wanted the dates of my employement at American Eagle. At one point, I said, "Look, all I want are the dates of my employement. I don't want anything else. You are making this much harder than it needs to be. Now, can you please give me the start and finish dates of my time at American Eagle?" Needless to say, the lady was pretty irritated with me, and I was transferred to an automated sytem. The machine guy was much happier to be helping me than the lady was. I just don't get why it is so important to get the EXACT dates of employemen. Ok, I left some things out. I should fill you all in on why I have to be so particular about all this. I got a job offer at Bank of America and they have a security clearence thingy that I need to fill out. It has dates of education, employement, and where I live. I have to be spot on for all of the dates of my employement and education. Where I live isn't as important, but I need to be accurate on that also. What sucks is that if I am off on ONE DAY for my employment. The back ground check comes back unsuccesful and I am out of luck for the job. Needless to say, I can't afford to just guess, so I am stuck calling: Fry's Electronics, American Eagle, Jerome's Furniture, and Spott Pest Prevention to get those exact dates.

Today is pretty uneventful, but I think that we are going to play some basketball at 9:30. We played last night, and I had a few good games. After those, I was just too dang tired to really put out any effort. We played from 8pm till around 11. It was a crazy amount of basketball. What is crazier is that I could be doing it all again tonight. Mormons love basketball, what can I say? Haha.

No mission call today. I think it will come tomorrow. Here is what happened: I submitted my papers on a Friday. They don't recieve them til Monday, but they don't look at them til Wednesday. So basically, my papers didn't get to the right people until Wednesday. I am guessing, and all I can do is guess, that it will come tomorrow. We are going to have dinner at Chili's or California Pizza Kitchen so I can open it in front of everyone. If you have any requests for that night, Example: Want me to put you on speaker while I open it, that can be arranged somehow. I just can't wait for this thing to come.

My mom bribes me to stay and eat with the family, sometimes. Tonight, she made me tacos. She knows that I love those dang tacos. They are the only food that I will not share with anyone. Ever. I get to have a sweet dinner with my mom and dad tonight. Then, I am heading to the Bushnell's to hang out with Stott and then play some basketball. I hope I don't get beat up too badly by Brock. He usually beats the crap out of me. I don't know how he does it. I always tell him, "Brock, no fighting tonight." Next thing I know, I have a toy lightsaber in my hand and he is hitting the crap out of my legs with a sword that he has. How does this kid outsmart me every night? I am going to wise up to his tactics one day, but that day has yet to come.

I watched most of Pearl Harbor, today. I am a history major, and I couldn't pass up the chance to watch one of the most historically accurate movies of all time. Other than the made up characters and love story, it was one of the most accurate. From the planes used, to the Dolittle raid of Tokyo. I was watching the end, and it highlighted a point in the raid where President Franklin D. Roosevelt heard of the news of the raid. He says, "So our boys are flying blind and on empty tanks." He was talking about the homing beacons that the Chinese set up so the B-29s could lock on and find the Chinese safe zones. The raid had to be launched pre-maturely because the Japanese had stumbled across the carriers that held the planes of the raiders. They were supposed to launch at 400 miles from the coast of Japan, but they launched somewhere outside of 600 miles. Having faith, they got in their bombers and took off from the carrier. Colnel Dolittle was the first to fly. He was quoted, saying to his co-pilot, "When did you find religion? Do me a favor, and pray for the both of us." I think that is quite amazing that he would pause and think of our Heavenly Father. He probably didn't know it at the time, but his faith and the faith of his co-pilot helped them. Those men were very courageous and faithful. They took off blindly, knowing that they could possibly die. They had no one, other than themselves and their Heavenly Father to look to for comfort. Most of the men died, but their story lives on, and their faith will forever be remembered. It is small acts of faith, like that, that lead me to know that there is a God. That he is our Heavenly Father. That he can protect us in our times of need. That when there seems to be no one else, he is always there. His love is all around us, and we just have to accept it. I know we all have different times and circumstances where we look to our Heavenly Father for comfort, but we all know that when we are sincere and ask for it, he reaches out his loving arms and wraps us up tight. He is here to protect us. I know from personal experience. We all do.

Big Gulps, huh? Welp, see ya later!!!
~Macaroni

No comments:

Post a Comment