Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 4: Mission Prep, Institute, and Basketball....

Today was institute day!!!! Yay! That means three things: I get to go to Laguna(ish) and go to institute, hang out with Dan, and play basketball. It is an awesome night, all around. I love my institue classes. I take mission prep and a regular institute class. We studied about Christlike attributes and the life of Christ. Basically, all we did was talk about the Savior. I loved it. I love our Savior. Just thinking about him fills my heart with joy. :) Quote of the day was definetly, "I like you, in a non-Prop 8 way." That was the funniest thing that I have heard about Prop 8, since it went on the ballot.

By the way, my stance has changed on the whole, Gay Marriage, thing. I won't go in to what it has changed, but I will go in to why my stance was so rigid, before. I had been given such a hard time for my political views, that I just decided to build a hard shell over a certain topic (gays) and be too stubborn to move on it. I was shown quite softly, by a good friend, that I had a hardened heart. Luckily, I finally saw that, and decided to change my outlook and soften my heart. Loverly!!!!!

I have played wayyyyy too much basketball for my body, and it kind of called it quits on me today. I usually play on Thursdays, but I don't know if I am going to be able to, this time. Haha. I do love basketball, though.

Ok, so there is something that I have been thinking about a lot lately. Before I go on my mission, I have to do something that I thought I would never do. There is a member of my family that has gone through a lot of stuff, and he tore me down to my core, at one point. (Which is a huge reason why I joined the church. I was at such a low.) I think I am ready to stop being a butt and tell him that I forgive him for everything that has happened. I really do love my brother. I used to look up to him so much. I think it is my time to be the one who is looked up to. I love the church because it gives us such strength. I was asked, "How does faith become strength?" Well, I know that faith becomes strength when you act on that faith. I have been waiting for the stength to come, but I have found that if I keep waiting, it will never come. It will come sooner if I act on it, and I will.

Well, no mission call today. Let's hope that it comes tomorrow.

Right now, I am watching Enchanted. I love musicals.
~Macaroni

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you it will come as you act upon it. Congratulations again about the call.

    ReplyDelete