Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 7: A day of thinking and reflecting....

Soooooo..... Today was an awesome day. I got to talk on the phone with my sister and Angie. It was great. I love talking to Angie. She is amazing. We realized that I would not be able to hug her when I come up to Utah before I report, and that makes us both very sad. :( Although, I will be able to hug her allllll I want when I come home. :) We talked about how awesome missionary work is and how I should be taking a mission prep class.... Oh, I am. Haha. Loverly!

I think it is funny what can bring you to think about how you are grateful for being a member of the church. This is one of those cases. I was playing basketball, tonight, and there were a few guys that showed up that weren't members of the church. They were banned from playing for cussing, being immodest, and doing drugs after the games on church property. They showed up and threw off our games, but we didn't tell them not to come back until after we were done playing. I began to think about how blessed we were to not be caught up in that type of life. Thses guys looked so bad. They looked like they were walking around alone. They had no light in their eyes. No hop in their step. No direction. I am not saying that all non-members are like this. I am just saying that these guys were so far from us that they stood out in a very negative way.

So, I was thinking. I am so grateful for the church. I looked back at how I was. I saw myself at my lowest. I wanted to give up, but someone saw something in my spirit. He told me not to give up. He said that there was something that he could help me find that would change everything. He said that there was something that everyone needed, and he had it, and he could give it to me. I was like, "what the heck?" He knew that I knew what he was talking about. Then, KK invited me to church. I turned him down, but it got me thinking. I knew that I needed something, but I didn't exactly know what. It wasn't until after Winter Formal that I realized that I needed the church. I was soon baptized. I have had some trials and some falls, but in the end I was lifted up and shown the truth. Now, I am going to serve the Lord for two years. I am going to a far away land. I am going to Africa to speak French and spread the gospel. I am going to give that ery thing that I needed to the people of the Ivory Coast. I can't wait. I am so excited to give them what saved my life, twice. I leave in two months, and I am so excited.

I love each one of you, for reading my bloggys. I thank you all for being there for me. I can't wait to see each of you before I leave for my mission. It is going to be such a great experience.

UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
~Macaroni :)

2 comments:

  1. Brandon, you are amazing! Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE you! My cup runneth over with affection and adoration for your face. Remember that.
    I love reading your blog. Keep the updates coming.

    ReplyDelete