Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 5: Mission call!!!!

So, my mission call finally came!!! I was so excited to see that big white envelope in the mail. I am sure the mail lady got sick of seeing my face, but she won't have to see it for a loooooonnnnnnggggg time. :) We all went over to California Pizza Kitchen by the Kirkorian on Vista Way, and I opened it there. It was quite the gathering. There were far more people there than I thought. I called in a few hours earlier and told them that I was bringing a group of 20is people and that it was going to be loud. I guess I underestimated. About 35 people ended up showing up, and it was awesome. There was: Me, My mom and Dad, Brother and Sister Bushnell, Dan Bushnell, Brock Bushnell, Stott Bushnell, Sarah Bushnell, Liz Olson, Chelsie Isa, Amy Remsberg, One of their friends, Ivan Gonzalez, Emily Leblanc, Chad from Maine, Mark Larson, Joe Torria, Natalie Whittaker, Christine Mckissick, Ross Mckissick, Kawika Aledo, Anders Conk, Sean Taylor, and Dylan Bitton. It was NUTSO!!!! Everyone showed up at 715, and I opened my call by 730. We went around the table and everyone said where they thought I was going to go. My Dad was the closest with "I think he is going to speak French." Good job, Dad. So, I began to open my call and I had Dan call Craig. I started reading it. "Dear Elder Cruz...... yada yada yada..... You are called to serve in the BOISE IDAHO MISSION!!!!!" Then, Mark squeals, "ARE YOU JOKING!?" "Yes. Yes I am" His face was priceless. I then read my ACTUAL mission in my best French accent. "Cote d'Ivoire Abidjan Mission." Sister Bushnell exlaimed, "THAT IS RUSSIA!!!!!" Then, I looked and it was actually Africa. Close, sista Bushie! I attempted to eat the delicious pizza that Dan ordered for me, but I was wayyyy too excited. I just wanted to talk to everyone. I did lap after lap of the HUGE table that was made for us. It was so exciting.

Well, I am super excited to go to Africa and speak French. Here is a list of what I have to do now:
1. Get a Passport.
2. Get an international drivers lisence.
3. Get endowed.
4. Go to the Temple 50000000 times.
5. Read Jesus the Christ.
6. Get a new set of scriptures.
7. Write: Braden, KK, Rachel, and Mckay to let them know where I am going.
8. Get all of my shots.
9. Get all of my missionary stuff.
10. Farewell talk.
11. Farewell open house.
12. Setting apart.
13. Go to Utah and go through the: Salt Lake, Draper, Bountiful, and St. George temples.
14. Say my final goodbyes to my parents and friends.
15. Report at 11:30am on Juy 15th, 2009.
16. Come home 24 months later. :)

That's right. You read correctly. I am leaving in two months. CRAZY!!!!

Welp, I have an early day tomorrow and I am going to sign off.

Stay classy San Diego.
~Macaroni

No comments:

Post a Comment